SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Alice View Post
Hi Paulo,
Do you think there are innovations on the green side, here? I mean not just new technologies, but a kind of systems integration?
I don't know if they are innovative they say very little about it but if they permit the boat to circumnavigate, yes. That is for me the interesting part of this circumnavigation and one that we all can profit.

If you have following this thread you have seen the systems Acciona had in board to produce energy and they seemed to work and make possible a circumnavigation. Here there is not the energy required by a canting keel but the fact that it will take a lot longer to circumnavigate makes it equally interesting.

Very few information regarding the electric systems:

http://www.lymanmorse.com/documents/...217_143912.pdf

Except the hidrogenerators that are used here on Ocean racing and cruising for some years now. But that would not be enough, I guess he is using very expensive lithium batteries and I would like to know more about that, the number and type, the type and power of electric engine and the back up power system. Acciona used for that electricity produced by a sophisticated chemical way. I wonder what they will use on this boat.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook