SailNet Community - View Single Post - Headed North...
Thread: Headed North...
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
Re: Headed North...

Sorry I didn't have Internet access until now guys, but it appears you have already found the recipe for my Green Coconut Margaretta.

I'm currently in Coinjock, NC, spending the night at the Coinjock Marina and Restaurant. The food at the restaurant is pretty good, modest prices, lousy crab cakes, but I was really hungry when I arrived so I went for them.

The marina is top notch, full facility, and right on the ICW, which makes it very convenient. Just another day to Norfolk, then it's probably another four to five days to the top of the Chesapeake and Owens Marina at Perryville, MD.

In retrospect, I should have planned my trip's departure from home a few weeks earlier, and left Marathon a month later. But, as the saying goes "Hindsight is 20/20."

Had something interesting happen today. The aging Atomic-4 began running a bit hotter than normal and the oil pressure began to fall - not a good sign, especially when you're making your way up a winding, windy, narrow channel with no sailing option because the wind is right on your nose. I checked the raw-water strainer, it looked awful, so I had my sailing buddy stop in mid channel while I rapidly removed the strainer, washed it out and put it back in place - all in less than 30 seconds. The strainer was filled with sea grass, and a half-dozen inch-long shrimp. Two of the shrimp were still alive.

When I got to the marina, I did a quick oil change, the engine needed it anyhow, the temperature is back to normal, as is the oil pressure. My wife says maybe I'll be back to normal one day, and maybe I need to get the junk and shrimp out of my system and have my oil changed.

Cheers,

Gary
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook