SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Transat Bretagne-Martinique

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuterikt View Post
Sorry if I'm wearing this thread off course..
Found this post here Kristin Songe-Møller om mastebruddet : kappseiling.no – seiling og kappseiling

I think this text can stand without any comments..
Not out of context at least on the broad one of this thread. I Follow solo races here if I find they interest others. Solo boats evolution has been a major influence on cruising boats and I find those races, in real time, professional ultra competitive sailors and boats with similar performance to be one of the more interesting on the sail racing panorama.

My worries now, is what to do next. I knew it was a bit of a gamble spending all my money on the Transat, in hope of getting a sponsor. Now I’m pretty much f**ked for that. So I don’t know what to do next. I’ll have to take one thing at the time. First getting my boat safely to shore, then “home” to France. Kristin

This just sucks. I hope this exposure contributes to find her a sponsor in Norway. I read that she was an Olympic sailor for Norway and that she had sailed all her live but the competition on the Figaro and the technical level is just huge. They are all professional and all trying to do their best and all of them sail and race since kids.

Even if she had a boat as well equipped as the others (and she hadn't decent sails) it would took her probably 2 or three years to be among the top. But she seems to have the needed determination let's see if Norway, I mean Sponsors, will provide her with the material conditions. I really hope so. Those series need to become international.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook