SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anchorages just just South of the C&D Canal
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013
Sailor

Gladrags1 is on a distinguished road
Anchorages just just South of the C&D Canal

Turner creek up the Sassafrass is a nice anchorage. Well protected but can be a challenge to get in if unfamiliar. It also won't work if draft is greater than 5'. The channel is marked, go close to shore when going by cliff and head for fishing wharf before turning in to creek. Good places to anchor - there are private moorings about but you can easily anchor around them without interfering with them.

I do hope you are planning to make us of the currents. Going with the current in the Delaware River and Canal will significantly speed up your journey and reduce transit time. We easily kept the current last year from Lewes, DE to Worton Creek, making it in a day, albeit a long day. With exiting the Canal at 6 (if I remember your write up correctly) you should be able to make Worton or Still Pond with just a few hours to go and drop anchor snug as a bug in a good anchorage. My point is to look at the current charts and time accordingly.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook