SailNet Community - View Single Post - Harness and Tether Recommendations?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: Harness and Tether Recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedSailor View Post
Start us a thread when you get back and tell us about your BFS. Also, I really want to hear about your Cape Horn gear! Tell us all about how it worked (or didn't) when you get back.

MedSailor
For $3495.00, which is probably more than I could sell the boat for, I Better be able to sail off the dock in key West and right through the little cut on the east end of Guanaja with out touch'n my tiller! It's what Yves Told me it would do. I can say I've been impressed with his company, Him, his voyage and his customer service thus far. I've paid in full, in advance to expedite delivery so it should be waiting for me when I get off the tug 2 weeks from now. Then I have 2 weeks for the final prep, back on the tug for 2 weeks and depart May 9th, weather or not, wind or not, on the nose or not, we are leaving. I have 2 weeks to get there and back to the tug. I just bought an asym genny, and several sizes of head sails from 8 oz hanky on up. For those of you who have not done so, google a sat map of the Bay Islands, immages of Cayo Cochinos, and La Ceiba Shipyard, where I'll be storing the boat for a month while my dock in Guanaja is being repaired. Don't let all the Hype of dangerous locals keep this place off your cruising radar. But I digresss, back on track, we will be tied in on short leashes, watching the boat steer us. too short to go over the rail, which is how I've alway's done it any way's.