SailNet Community - View Single Post - Purchasing a Sailboat from the US?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Purchasing a Sailboat from the US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
Speed lanes in the toll plaza? Hmmm...And once they speed through, they get to wait bumper to bumper sooner?

I was quite happy to take Amtrak and then the meandering local bus last time I went to Newport "one way". Speed lanes to nowhere...I'll bet they can charge extra for that!
Hilariously correct. Come over the bridge and try to get downtown and you will be bumper to bumper. If you're heading up toward Middletown or Portsmith, you'll pass by.

And, yes, they charge more all the time. Tolls are now $4 each way for out-of-state cars. Said to be going to $5. Residents pay 83 cents.

RI state budget is a disaster. A state representative was lambasting her colleague for failing to pass any fiscal restraint, while a few weeks ago they passed a resolution making calamari the official state appetizer. I would laugh if it weren't so sad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook