SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah2 View Post
Hi One,

I don't think there was no sarcastic comment there. Paulo's English is a lot better than our Portugese. See! But sometimes it may come across that way to us N. Americans.

Hell Paulo, that little revolution is an ocean bob sled. Another Russian Sputnik,
How much do they cost? If I was 22 I'd buy one just to sail once across the Atlantic one time then sell it. I'd bring 25 bottles of cheap wine, 5 ounces of herb and have a ball. What a wonderful little boat, far better than any 22 footer from the old days. Did you see how they did the boiler work? That was an amazing process. I wish I spoke French I would have loved to hear what the NA was saying. Heck if I was not doing something different and I had not much to do I would buy one of those little space ships and sail her to the BVI's and I'm now over 60.
For an Aluminium boat with a lifting bulbed keel it is surprisingly inexpensive: About 50 000 euros and that include French VAT of about 20%.

Yes it is an Adventurer boat and one that can go anywhere and upwind the only problem towards other mini has to do with a bigger wave drag. Without waves of considerable size it will be faster even upwind: The bigger power will compensate the slight bigger drag on those circumstances.

I know it seems odd but Raison showed that in what regards transats, were the downwind sail is more frequent, the boat has a real speed advantage. In any transat specially between France and Brazil they also got upwind sailing, so the boat don't lose much even going upwind. You can see that without almost no waves, close upwind his boat is faster than the one of his partner, a very fast one with a conventional bow.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 03-29-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook