SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mostly singlehanded...what lines should I run aft?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013

aeventyr60 is on a distinguished road
Re: Mostly singlehanded...what lines should I run aft?

Some people actually like working on deck and don't mind getting wet. Leading all my lines to the cockpit? Geez, what a lot or work and money for so little gain. Everything so simple to do at the mast. Not sure about all the personal gear in the cockpit getting wet, but, for me if it's in the cockpit, it might get wet and ruined if not up to snuff. We get torrential Sumatra squalls and wind here in SE Asia, we get WET in the cockpit, down below it's dry and cosy and hot. Nice to get a free fresh water shower while we are SAILING! I'm just a grotty yachtie, sailing a small boat on a big ocean, a bit wet at times, rocking chair not in sight, and no way am i a professional in any way shape or form. A week or ten days wet? Geez you guys are must be getting old? We are wet all the time! Baby powder works wonder for those wet spots.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook