SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beneteau vs. Catalina - seeking advice / opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Re: Beneteau vs. Catalina - seeking advice / opinions

ANY of these boats will work for the next 5 yrs. You might even get 2-10' ites in themean time! so do not rule that out. If you have not sailed a lot, nor owned a boat, the first boat will be a learning experience in more ways than one.

A newer boat may be a better option of total rookies, as things hopefully willnot have to be replaced or fixed, so you can spend more time sailing and learning.

Also get yourself on other boats asyou can, to see if in the long run, you have the boat for you. Again, if positive the boats mentioned are boats for the next 10 or so yrs, newer would be better than older! generally speaking mind you! If it were me, I would also look at if you can find one, a Jeanneau SO37 or a 36.2. Both of these have gone transatlantic many times over. I am sure the bene or cat have to frankly! I personally like the look and feel of the jeanneau better. then one probably knows about opinions....kinda like aholes, we haveone, they all steenk! so get the best boat that you like all around and say the heck with the rest of us!

Marty