Re: Battery Bank – Parallel or Series
First thing I'd do would be to:
1. Charge them up fully...at least overnite on a charger;
2. Put them in one series/parallel bank and give them an equalizing charge -- 15.5-16.5 VDC for 4-6 hours (watch them carefully for loss of electrolyte and overheating);
3. Test the capacity of each battery individually, using a good resistance tester like the Midtronics series (beg, borrow or steal one for the 1/2 hour it would take to check all 6);
4. Throw out any bad ones, i.e., those testing less than 550-600 MCA; and
5. See what you've got left. Sometimes, free used batteries aren't such a bargain :-)
Last edited by btrayfors; 03-31-2013 at 02:33 PM.