SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
One....sails

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
With a boat of their size, I'd be considering getting it trailered or put into a container and have it transported by land.
Yes, I guess you are right, it would certainly be less expensive...but not as fun

One, the "name" you have chosen as a member remembers me Onesails, a top Italian sail brand. So, I guess it is a good opportunity to talk about some of their innovations and research.

An interesting one is a wing sail, but not a rigid one:

Another interesting innovation are millenium sails: They are laminated but they don't use glue or resins.

OneSails Sailmakers - The Next Generation of Sails

OneSails Sailmakers - The Next Generation of Sails

They give a two years warranty against delamination on racing boats and three years on cruising boats.

I saw the sails for the first time when I tried the Salona 38. They have them as an option and they surely look good and work well. Time will tell if the durability they advertise (not the warranty time, they say that they will last much longer) will prove true.

Lot's of top boats are using them and I don't resist to pass this movie with a wally 80. Beautiful boat, beautiful sails

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook