SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013

hannah2 is on a distinguished road
Re: Delphia 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
No, I don't think so because people that are interested in sailing oceans will be, like they are now, a small minority. The truth is that with just a bit more than 50 000 euros one can buy a new mass production boat faster, bigger, more comfortable and more adapted to coastal cruising:

That Revolution 22 will remain the boat for a guy that likes to voyage hassle free without not much space or comfort and the guys that like to do that are and will be only a minority. Nothing wrong with that. Sailing has many sides and tastes, all right...for different guys and with different boats to each one

Regards

Paulo
Exactly Paulo, There seems to be a small group of sailors who we meet around the world in very small sailing vessels. Most of the boats are old and not very sea worthy. Then there are some in the smaller New Zealand designs that make very good single handed cruising boats. I'm thinking there will be more boats like the smaller Pogo or Revolution 22 cruising all over the world because they are good boats and are affordable. Why would someone have an O' Day 22 foot boat of vintage stock and not really seaworthy when they can own a well made boat spartan as they are they still are capable of going places.

It's a new world order out there giving many a chance to sail to far off places in a more safer way.

Loved the videos of the grand J boats of yesterday and their beautiful crews, I wish my kid had gone crewing on boats like that instead of getting married and having kids at too young an age.

We are getting real busy now and less than 3 months before going to France to pickup the new boat.

Cheers
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook