SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Delphia 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah2 View Post

Loved the videos of the grand J boats of yesterday and their beautiful crews, I wish my kid had gone crewing on boats like that instead of getting married and having kids at too young an age.

Cheers
I passed last new year's eve in a house of a friend with a big bunch of friends. I did not know many and he presented me to another sailor. A sunshine boy, always smiling, British I suppose. We talked about boats and he said he sailed on an old one. I was imagining some kind of more or less decrepit sailboat when he said Velsheda. I asked with disbelieve: the J boat? and he said "yes, that one"...big smile on his face. And you are paid for that? "yes, lucky me" with an even bigger smile.

I guess he had reasons to keep smiling He had just some days of paid vacations in Portugal before crossing to America.

One of the good things with all those beautiful millionaire huge sailboats is that they need a huge crew and give a wonderful job to many young sailors and some older ones.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 04-01-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook