SailNet Community - View Single Post - Westerbeke vs Yanmar
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: Westerbeke vs Yanmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bristol299bob View Post
Hold up! Capt Aaron, you are putting in an engine? This is an April fools day joke right? I suppose you are downsizing your anchor too?

:-)
Ha, you got me.....No I am putting one in. I need to be able to motor on and off of Guanaja to La Cieba at will in all conditons. It's usually a run down to la cieba and a beat back. I have the dreaded scheduale. I'll be coming and going every two weeks from Honduras to Miami. I want to keep my boat in a slip in La Cieba when I'm on the Tug, and when I get off I want to be able to fly to La Cieba and carry my own self back to the Island rather than stay in a Hotel, and fly back on the little Rusian Plane that may or may not have a seat. Price of living out on the fringe. Plus when I'm home in Honduras, I want to be able to motor between the islands wind or not. It's easy to sail away from Guanaja as it sits up wind of every thing else, but getting out to the island is a beat from every where, Roatan, Cayas Cochinos, Utilla, Rio dulce, la Cieba, all down wind of Guanaja. Looks like Westy won. If Maine Sail is happy with his, that's good enough for me.

Last edited by Capt.aaron; 04-02-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook