SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ready To Go Back In?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013

swampcreek is on a distinguished road
Re: Ready To Go Back In?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4arch View Post
As a side note, in some discussions of the Ultima 60 it was mentioned that it might be thicker than the average bottom paint and therefore harder to apply. I didn’t find it any thicker or harder to apply than any other bottom paint I’ve used in the past. If anything, it was easier to apply than the paint I used last time around. Maybe the formula has been improved? So far the only negative of the Ultima is that the blue is a dark navy/teal while most of the other blue bottom paints I’ve seen/used are more similar to the Sunbrella “Pacific Blue” shade.
It is darker, at first I thought I may have ordered the wrong shade of blue but upon checking there is only one shade. What I don't understand is that the information I got with the boat states that it had Ultima 60 on before and it was that conventional light blue. Formula change? Anyway the color is growing on me...hopfully nothing grows on IT!

My brother passed away Thursday so of course I haven't done anything since. I'll probably not be able to put the shear stripe on since I noticed the marina called, I imagine I'm blocking someone who is ready to go in, I'll probably have to splash before I'm off during any warm windless weather that would enable me to apply the stripe.
1981 Hobie H16
19?? Sol Cat
19?? Penquin
Many, many power boats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life should be an adventure, not a guided tour!
Not all of us in the herd are sheep.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook