SailNet Community - View Single Post - Do you recognise this yacht. WARATAH TWIN KEEL.Tasmania circa 1970's
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013

djaustralia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to djaustralia
Re: Do you recognise this yacht. WARATAH TWIN KEEL.Tasmania circa 1970's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smier View Post
Very cool pictures! I saw that you have the blueprints, so when do you begin to build Orion 4? Good luck on your search, it would be cool if you find her, but being an old plywood boat she will have required much love and care over the past 30 years to have survived... I hope she's still out there somewhere!
Well I know my opa was a consumate professional no matter what he did. I can be sure he did a good job on the build but your right, it would have taken regular care and attention over the years. Of course theres the chance it's rotting in someones yard but I wanna find it either way. I build models from the plans, I'd love to build full size but with todays costs including the ongoing's I'd find it unlikely I'll get round to it. I'd want to build a 60/70ft version anyhow, something I can live on you know. Models are just as much fun and definately easier and cheaper to maintain. Thanks for the message matey.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook