My testimonial FWIW, which is about about nothing I suspect...
Our boat was powered with a W50, probably oversized at 41 HP 17,000# boat.
- Engine had/has 3700 hours
- Burned over 1.5 gal/hr at 2400 RPM
- Hard starts even in temps above 70 F
- Rebuilt injectors & injector pump, did nothing to help fuel issue or start issues
- Common oil leak at rear seal, more of a nuisance than anything
- Motor mounts/bushing completely undersized and poorly engineered, nothing close to what is found on Yanmar, Beta, Nanni, etc
- Regular maintenance items were poorly designed and made it difficult to perform. On the W 50 the entire raw water pump Assembly had to be removed to change the impeller
- The oil filter was wedged so nicely between fuel lines on its side that there was no way to remove it and not spill several ounces of oil, no matter how one tried to cut a old plastic jug to cathc the oil
Of course none of that is really relevant because we're talking about a 30 year old engine that was poorly maintained it appears, or maybe it was because it was a Westerbeke and not a Yanmar? LOL