SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ospreys
Thread: Ospreys
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013
Owned by Velcro

Ferretchaser is on a distinguished road
Re: Ospreys

I don't think you need to bother with your local habitat organizations/bird watch groups etc. There are a bunch of old piles all over the shop up and down the rivers and creeks along the chessie. I am talking piles that are not in use anymore. Just screw a frame on a couple of them and I think they will soon be turned into nests. everyone has some scrap wood around their marina and a handfull of those never used but kept screws around they boat or house and that is as good a way to get rid of those stashes as any.

Edit:

If you want to do a good deed for the ospreys this year, you will have to get things done now. By the time you woke up anyone in your local habitat organisation, the nest building time for this year will be over. Right now you can do more good with a batterie drill and a saw then with your computer or phone.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!.

Last edited by Ferretchaser; 04-02-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook