SailNet Community - View Single Post - Headed North...
Thread: Headed North...
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
Re: Headed North...

I just fired up the gas log fireplace in the basement - damned it's cold outside. The thermometer on the deck says 39 degrees - sure would like those numbers to be 40 degrees higher. After getting 85 percent of the gear off the boat today it became apparent that I have a lot of work to do in order to make it pretty again. I just ordered some non-skid for the decks (Kiwi-Grip), and I already have a couple quarts of white epoxy paint for the other surfaces that need lots of attention. Even the woodwork looks nasty, so I guess is better check my polyurethane supply, too.

The cabin sole is looking a bit worse for wear, so I'll likely sand the cabin's flooring and pretty it up as well. I hate the dinette table, always have. Think I'll pick up a slab of black walnut from the saw mill, have it planed and make a neat, custom table in the shape of a wooden hatch cover. Something about 4 inches thick from a single slab of wood of about 3 X 5 feet. I've made these in the past and they really look great when properly finished.

Hope to see everyone at the upcoming rendezvous,

Gary
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook