SailNet Community - View Single Post - BVI chart/nav app
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013

Robes is on a distinguished road
Re: BVI chart/nav app

Hey People, I'm leaving this Sunday for Tortolla...!

My first real charter, not counting my Chesapeake Bay charter. I got the GPS "Oregon" all loaded with daily routes and multiple alternative routes and anchorages for each of the 10 days. Got my Imray & BVIPirate Anagada approach charts.

Some final questions:
1) When we leave Anegada we will immediately head to the North Drop to fish, troll, while heading to JVD-Green Cay. I'm accounting for the current on the passage to Anegada from the North Sound near the horse shoe reef. Question, is there any appreciable current when sailing the North Drop from the western tip of Anegada to JVD?

2) I know I'll be briefed on this but want to be prepared. I found that Yacht Club Costa Smeralda claims to have a "first" pump out station in the BVI. This place is new? How do you return the boat if there is no place to pump out? Do you really pump out into those local waters? No 6 mile rule here? The boats have macerators etc?

3) My Conch boat claims to have an inverter, in it's description. Yet I see elsewhere in the Conch website that you can rent inverters, so who knows what I got till I get there. Anyway, if I do have an inverter (I'll ask Conch specifics) I never used one, do you only use it while the engine is running to charge the boat batteries? Have to turn it on or just plug personal electronics chargers into outlets in boat when engine is running?

TIA
Robes
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook