SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anyone with Manson Supreme?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013
Sailor

Gladrags1 is on a distinguished road
Anyone with Manson Supreme?

We have a Manson Supreme on our Bayfield 36 and love it. I am not certain of which one we have but it has held in every situation we deployed her in. We sail the Chesapeake and have anchored in mud, grassy areas, hard sand, rocky bottoms as well as old oyster beds and it has bit in every time. The most impressive was when last summers derecho hit the Bay. Huge winds hit at 90 degrees to the prevailing wind as we were at anchor. These winds were 60 to 70 mph and almost knocked us down as the boat swung around to face the wind. These winds kept up for 2 and one half hours with constant intense rain and lightning. This was easily the worst storm my wife and I were ever at anchor in. We did not drag anchor at all but it took seemingly forever to retrieve it and wash all if the mud off the next day!

We have 175' of chain attached to the anchor and it deploys off of a roller at the end of a bowsprit. It is well balanced and easily self deploys. Retrieval is easy enough.

I don't know offhand the boat you are referring to and it's roller system so I cannot comment on that. If all else fails, maybe make a cardboard mockup of the anchor and see how it fits that way.

If you can make it work, you won't be disappointed with the anchor!

Tod
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook