SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chasing my dream
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
Re: Chasing my dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBradford View Post
.as far as the sink goes i know that there is hose on dock for running water thought bout a sing mounted to some sort of stand that i can use on deck and break down just for washing dishes and such anyone ever done this or have an idea that would make a hose into a usable sink.
okay, here's some BTDT advice, given to me by another marina rat, back when I was between wives and living on a ChrisCraft Seaskiff. Don't confuse your needs with your wants and end up living ghetto fabulous, cuz that ain't living- it's barely surviving, and you'll end up feeling like sh1t.

real live onboard amenities are more long-term important than a flat-screen tv.

besides, you're living in a marina, which, next to a trailer park, is the best damn real life reality tv you can find.

Forget dorm fridges and winecoolers and any other dirt-designed half-assed solutions. combine your flat-screen fund with your fridge fund and buy one of these:
Norcold NRF30 AC / DC Portable Refrigerator / Freezer

post some pics of your cabin- you may have space you can utilize and don't even realize it, for example building in a sliding sink that slides into the quarterberth for example, or one that folds up in the head. Some omnboard water storage will also make you less dock-dependent- it's a sailboat, not a houseboat, dammit!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook