SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailboat Air Conditioning?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Scott..Can't help you on Ocean Breeze either but CruiseAir and MarineAir are 2 good brands I've worked with. I think cruise air may have swallowed marine air.
Just replaced a 16K unit with this one this past year and am quite pleased with it:
http://www.cruisair.com/sheets/L-0734.pdf
CD gives excellent advice on what to look out for and I too think a 16k would work fine on a boat your size and in your location.
The loss of prime is very common during sailing even if your through hull is low. The solution requires removing the pump hose at the pump and "bleeding" which means some salt water in the boat...SO...be sure to locate the pump in an area where this will not matter and where you can do this routine job easily in a couple of minutes. With through hulls close to the center line, I've never lost prime while running or at anchor for extented periods...but I am always SURPRISED when I have NOT lost prime after sailing! The big strainer idea is excellent and given your water temps CD's suggestion #4 is a must. I had to dive 4 times this summer to clear debris from my intake. Thankfully the water was 75 degrees...but sometimes it took quite a while to get everything out. I would hate to have to do that in 60 degrees!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook