SailNet Community - View Single Post - Line cutter advisable for Chesapeake Bay?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013

Jiminri is on a distinguished road
Re: Line cutter advisable for Chesapeake Bay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleheadMd View Post
I have personally laid eyeballs on your boat, as I was visiting a friend's boat. Very nice ride.
Thanks Bubblehead, we enjoyed it a lot for the couple months we had it in the water before it went up on land for storage. I've loved cat boats every since my Beetle Cat when I was a kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleheadMd View Post
Jim-

The West River has a "float free channel" that leads out to the Bay. Although the crabbers frequently encroach on the float free zone, it's better than driving through the main body of traps, so I advise you to get familiar with the locations of the white/orange informational bouys that mark the channel, and plug them into your GPS.
Appreciate the tip. I do know about the channel, although as you say it's not always honored, or the traps shift with the weather. Mostly, though, I worry about the traps in the spots where I don't expect them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nonsuch 30 Ultra #343 1986
West River, MD
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook