SailNet Community - View Single Post - Best small boat for cruising the Bahamas?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: Best small boat for cruising the Bahamas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisscross View Post
I really appreciate all your comments Capt.aaron. Your approach to sailing truly resonates with me. Simplicity, grit, and guts.
Thanks,
I look at it like this, The boat was designed to catch a breeze and move along. So let it it do that, Put the gear you need on it first, and then what you want. keep your wants simple and your needs, starting at safety and work down to life support. ie: food and water. The simpler you make it the easier it will be. I grew up sailing the Bahamas with Grandad on our Soverel 28, starting 1979 till present. Great boat for that area, 3 foot draft for the banks etc. 8 foot for beating up the Toungue of the Ocean. I guess there is some grit invovled with my philosophy, but the gut's is really just the fact that many many people were doing it before me so I just immitated what I was seeing. I'm certainly no pioneer and I am def. not a performance sailor guy. If I'm moving along towards where I feel I need to be at a decent clip, I'm happy.

Last edited by Capt.aaron; 04-04-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook