SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: New CR 380DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah2 View Post
What are all of you thinking about how far forward the galley is on this boat?
Starting to get into the forward half of the boat and motion starts to go up. On our last boat, Mason 44 the head was in that location and I had a hard time holding on while taking a pee. You know one hand for the boat one for yourself. I thinking that all that NZ coffee on passage might end up on my bare feet when brewing some up while on passage. Nice looking galley though but a bit short on counter space when you are using the sink too.

Cheers.
Hi Steve!
You cannot think in boast for any other use than the one you favor. Most people in the Baltic or Med and certainly in many other parts don't cook with the boat slamming in waves. They just have a nice relatively short sailing till a nice spot then they swim and have a meal. Or if it is a longer journey they prepare the meal the night before at anchor.

Of course you are right, the best place for the galley is the center of the boat....if one cooks frequently with the boat on the move and that just don't happen for 95% of the cases at least for the vast majority. It has a big importance on a voyage boat not in one meant primarily for coastal cruising.

Besides that negative point the space is a nice one, allowing good support, a big cooler, a reasonable amount of space and big storage for a 38ft (look at the other side, you can see it on the photo from the saloon).

As you can see they offer another version with a linear galley, probably bigger but not so nice in my opinion.

Ask your wife what is the one that she likes more. I trust more in her opinion about that. That's my wife that has a say on that part of the boat and sometimes what I think is better is not what she considers better.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 04-06-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook