SailNet Community - View Single Post - Apparently I'm not meant to have a boat...
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013
Get over yourself already

chrisncate is on a distinguished road
Re: Apparently I'm not meant to have a boat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimgo View Post
No. Are they decent?

My thinking is that, since Ferry Point isn't responding, I'm going to have to pay for towing, whether it's over to Rock Hall or up to Atlantic Marina. I haven't priced it out yet, but the cost difference between those two destinations may be quickly offset by the skill of the mechanics and the available equipment. Looking at Active Captain and reviews other places, Haven Harbour seems to have a good reputation. They also seem to have the equipment to handle my boat and engine. I can't find too much about Atlantic. Can you tell me more?
Atlantic could haul my Alberg, I don't see why it couldn't haul you out as well. As far as the work goes, if you're looking for someone to do the work, I know the guy that has a shop at Atlantic seemed knowledgeable the few times we spoke. I have no idea if he's any good, you'd have to talk to him and feel him out. They handle a lot of power boats at Atlantic, so maybe that could be an asset regarding motor work? I really don't know but they are worth talking to.

I liked Atlantic as they were willing to negotiate on slip price and were very laid back. Their prices were very reasonable.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook