SailNet Community - View Single Post - Islander 28 vs Islander Bahama 30 vs Irwin Cititation 34
View Single Post
post #39 of Old 04-06-2013
bobperry
grumpy old man

Re: Islander 28 vs Islander Bahama 30 vs Irwin Cititation 34

welch:
When I design any boat I seldom put limits on it's use. I rely on sound design principles and the common sense of the owner. That said, the I-28 was never designed to be an long range offshore cruising boat. It's a bit small for that. As you already know, tankage is a concern for long trips.The primary intended use for the I-28 ws coastal cruising and club racing. I see no reason your I-28 could not make this trip. The only caveat would be that large companionway and lack of a bridgedeck. Make sure you have a way of locking in the lower drop board so it comes up to seat level. The little I-28 is a good heavy weather sailer and if you choose you time right you should be just fine assuming you are a competant offshore sailor and have the boat rigged for offshore sailing.

Please visit my blog. It's fun to read.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome