SailNet Community - View Single Post - Islander 28 vs Islander Bahama 30 vs Irwin Cititation 34
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: Islander 28 vs Islander Bahama 30 vs Irwin Cititation 34

welch:
When I design any boat I seldom put limits on it's use. I rely on sound design principles and the common sense of the owner. That said, the I-28 was never designed to be an long range offshore cruising boat. It's a bit small for that. As you already know, tankage is a concern for long trips.The primary intended use for the I-28 ws coastal cruising and club racing. I see no reason your I-28 could not make this trip. The only caveat would be that large companionway and lack of a bridgedeck. Make sure you have a way of locking in the lower drop board so it comes up to seat level. The little I-28 is a good heavy weather sailer and if you choose you time right you should be just fine assuming you are a competant offshore sailor and have the boat rigged for offshore sailing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook