SailNet Community - View Single Post - I've become very concerned about the weather...
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013
first sailed january 2008

northoceanbeach is on a distinguished road
Re: I've become very concerned about the weather...

Ok in stead of complaining about it ill do something about it.

I looked up the Seattle forecast side by side with port townsend and Seattle is definitely nicer. I wish they would stop that lie the tourism board over here keeps peddling about the Olympic mountains blocking the rain and clouds and how here ip to the San Juan's are sunny 267 days a year and dry. Probably sunny 80 day but I digress.

I called shilshole, Elliot bay and poulsbo. Elliot was 390 for a month to put me in the smallest slip they had, a 32. Which is fine. Shilshole said full but call a moorage coordinator Monday. Poulsbo will hook me up for less than 200 and ill still be a ferry ride from Seattle I I want to hang out in the city.

Any advice in these or other marinas for me to continue waiting for cruisin weather? I'd also have to get back here to get my car somehow. Do you know of a bus or anything? It some combination of biking and ferries might work if I could keep it under 40 miles.

Time to take action. PT is cool but its just too sleepy and cloudy with less places to go and no wind I get there. So somewhere by Seattle would be for the best. Ill meet more people and go out on races and have a lot more fun. Thanks as always for the advice.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook