SailNet Community - View Single Post - I've become very concerned about the weather...
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013
always busy with sailing

Alex W is on a distinguished road
Re: I've become very concerned about the weather...

You can bus and bike to Port Townsend pretty easily. Look up Kitsap County Transit for the services over there.

If you are interested in Lake Union there is a shallow short slip in front of my old Catalina 25 that might take you month by month. I can get the contact information for you. It is $185/mo, which I think is about the cheapest moorage anywhere. At this time of year it will take you a little over an hour to get out of the locks. Liveaboard might not be an option though, and it doesn't have electricity.

Shilshole has an empty slip available at the very end of the S-dock (I know this because I'm also on the S dock), but might be full on liveaboard status. If you'll only be there for a month I wonder if you should just lie about that status. They do require insurance. It is probably slip S-2, and it should be about $250/mo for your boat. Some of the 30' slips on S-dock also recently opened up, but maybe they've already found people for them.

My next race is on 4/27, if you are in Seattle then send me an email and I can put you on the crew list.

You should also check Seattle Craigslist for slip sublets. It's not quite the right time of year for them, but some may show up.