SailNet Community - View Single Post - Origo/CookMate gimbals
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013
No more curry buffets

Ritchard is on a distinguished road
Re: Origo/CookMate gimbals

This is an ancient thread, but I hope to resurrect it. I got a set of these gimbals in the mail this week - along with all the other accessories you can get for this stove, and went to install them yesterday. The instructions for the gimbals are somewhat lacking.

If I understand Adam's description above, the odd slider hinge is to allow the stove to swing backward(forward?) to sit flat on a surface below the stove, is that it? And to accomplish this, the bottom (static) part of the mount plate should be installed at the level of the surface below.

In my boat, there is a rather large well, which I am sure once held a propane stove with oven. There is now a microwave in the bottom part of that space, as I don't see us making many birthday cakes on the boat. I guess I will need to install a shelf above the microwave for the stove to rest on when in gimbaled mode.

For plannings sake, I guess the stove will swing back about 4 or 5 inches, and drop about the same amount when put into static mode?

Have I pretty well got it?