SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Jean-Pierre Dick new boat.

Remember this guy and this boat:

the guy that on the Vendee Globe sailed his Open 60, after having lost the keel, from offshore Brazil till France and even so made it in 4th place?

Well, it seems he liked to sail without a keel. This is his new baby:

The Program:

Grand Prix Guyader: from 3 to 6 May 2013/ Crew-manned race in Douarnenez

Armen Race: from 9 to 12 May 2013/360 mile offshore race starting at La Trinité-sur-Mer

Route des Princes: from 9 to 30 June 2013/ Crew-manned race round Europe/5 legs: Valence - Lisbon - Dublin - Plymouth - Morlaix

Transat Jacques Vabre: from 3 November 2013/Doublehanded transatlantic race between Le Havre and Itajai (Brazil)

He said:

“When I see this new boat, I feel great pride," says Dick. "This feeling reminds me of when my first Virbac-Paprec was launched in 2003. I love these transitions, these moments when you start out on a new adventure. Multihull sailing with a crew demands other skills. It is going to be a challenge and I will have to learn fast.

“The next days will be used to discover Virbac-Paprec 70. We are going to slowly raise the pressure by training regularly before the first race: the Grand Prix Guyader in Douarnenez. I am surrounded by very skilled people. I like them all. We are going to learn to know each other at sea, and to be strong together. It is my wish that this project be of high human value!”

<****** src="http://sa.kewego.com/embed/assets/kplayer-standalone.js"><****** defer="defer">kitd.html5loader("flash_kplayer_1ab57c9a272s");

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 04-07-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook