SailNet Community - View Single Post - What made you buy your boat?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Re: What made you buy your boat?

The first boat I bought (Venture 2-22) because I wanted to learn how to sail as well as learn how to fix things myself. The boat was able to float and came with a set of sails and didn't cost too much so if I failed at teaching myself to fix things, I wouldn't be out too much money. It was also a manageable size for dealing with by myself.

The second boat we bought (two of us now) we bought after considerable research and looking at how we wanted to sail now and what we wanted to be different from the first boat. I am convinced that the right course for us is buying a boat for how we sail *now* and when we get to that other level, we'll buy a boat at that time for how we'll sail then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook