SailNet Community - View Single Post - What made you buy your boat?
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 04-07-2013
Daniel - Norsea 27
Re: What made you buy your boat?

I researched boats that could go anywhere and not too big for a first boat. I dreamed of escaping from my current routine to adventure, travel, and discovery.

I was about to look at a Cape Dory 27 but then a Norsea 27 came available near where I was moving to and decided to take a look. It needed some work and cleaning up (still does but not as much). I saw it looked to be a good boat and thought the asking price was reasonable so I went for it.

To get an idea of what it looked like when I got it, this first post in my blog could be a good start: Rhapsody: Things to do

Mainly, I had a bunch of cleaning to do because the previous owner had it stored on its trailer in Arizona and it got infested with bees. I had the (dis)pleasure of cleaning them up. The PO used a bug bomb and killed them all so I had a bunch of sticky bee bodies, wax and honeycomb to clean up. (Oh Joy!)

The mess from the bees:
Rhapsody: Bees!
Rhapsody: Beeswax

Also had other work like cleaning up the old varnish which is still in the works but stopping leaks were higher priority. I really like my little boat and I'm happy I got it.

1981 Nor'sea 27,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Who is staring at the sea is already sailing a little.”
-Paul Carvel
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome