SailNet Community - View Single Post - Real life playing out one of my ideas.
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013

Frogwatch is on a distinguished road
Real life playing out one of my ideas.

The couple who abducted their kids and then dissappeared on a small sailboat are playing out something I have long wondered about. "How long could a small sailboat dissapear in the Gulf of mexico given a 24 hour headstart? Consider that sailboats are notoriously poor radar targets and under sail will not show up much on IR imaging either.
In 24 hours, The radius of search from John's PAss is about 120 miles and expands 120 miles every day. by now, they could be anywhere from the Keys, to somewhere on Lake Okechobee or up in the Fl Panhandle or even as far as Lousiana. With Shoal draft, that boat could be far up a river with its mast down hiding under a camo tarp and brush. He could be up the Apalachicola river as far as Georgia. He could be up the Kissimee River. He could be hiding in the Thousand islands area of the Everglades. He could be hiding up some creek off Lake Wimico (one of the most isolated places in Fl or far up the New River near Carabelle so far up that nobody goes there.
Or, he could be in Cuba.
They are both engineers..............
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook