SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lets choose SmackDaddy's new boat...
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Lets choose SmackDaddy's new boat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.aaron View Post
.....Almost alway's it's first time boat owners who just sold the house and had a list of must haves in order to move on a boat......
Funny, I know I couple that sold their house and bought a brand new Hunter 45 a couple of years back ('09 or '10 model). They are far from first time boat owners, however. They take impeccable care of it, but have had some weird issues. Core penetration of something in the cockpit, mast step issue, some other things. Mostly fixed under warranty, but still.

Just last weekend , as we're al commissioning, I heard them mention they may want a new boat. The word Trawler even came out of their mouths and this couple are true blood sailors for decades, with no physical limitations to warrant the change. The boat must be becoming a frustration.

On the other hand, I've known people with older Cherubini Hunters (70's and 80s) and they've been very happy with them.

I agree with Chef, however. Smack should get whatever makes him happy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook