SailNet Community - View Single Post - North Sails Direct fiasco
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013

DalesStar is on a distinguished road
North Sails Direct fiasco

Just a heads up on North Sails sails. Besides burning us for about $400, they sold us a jib that was suppose to be a 135% for a 1973 Morgan OI33, we had a rigger install it all because I've been working on the boat for 12 years and never saw it up. So the sail we got when taken down and measured was only an 87% jib. Then North Sails tried to make it out as it was our fault. How can "Professional" sail makers make such a drastic mistake, and then put it on us. Like we were suppose to do their job. In 15 minutes online I found the appropriate sizes and dimensions, why couldn't they.
Then we wanted the sail here faster so we paid $550 for express shipping. When the box comes in from Sri Lanka, it wasn't our sail and they don't know where our is. We were trying to hit a window to take off sailing, and that delayed us a month. No compensation from them or apology. Just s**t happens. This saga goes on and on, small claims court etc, before we got most of our money back. I'd just advise against using them, or do so being forewarned.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook