SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lets choose SmackDaddy's new boat...
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Lets choose SmackDaddy's new boat...

There was one Hunter that impressed the hell out of me...S/V Sequitur...sailed by a very salty SNer named Michael. You should search his threads here about that sail (as well as his blog if it's still up).

In fact, that H49 not only successfully took him and his wife from Vancouver down around Cape Horn and up to Florida, but held up remarkably well in an F10-11 storm just off the Horn.

Now I won't claim to know the particulars of how the '80's era H40 (or the newer H49 for that matter) is put together, but the ones I've looked at seemed to have held up pretty well for ~30 year old coastal boats. But I do know one thing for sure - real crap sinks in Southern Ocean F11s...every single time. That Hunter did just fine.

So I tend to take the bashing with a grain or two of salt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook