SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lets choose SmackDaddy's new boat...
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Lets choose SmackDaddy's new boat...

He definitely did some beefing up - but nothing drastic from what I recall. You can see the list of upgrades on his website http://www.yacht-sequitur.ca/, along with why he chose the Hunter in the face of everyone telling him he was crazy.

Take a look at his blog. The boat held up very, very well and suffered no serious damage. That's why I was so impressed. I started a thread here talking about it so you might be able to find those links here.

You know way more about boats than I do, aaron. No doubt. I've just never been fully convinced that they suck as much as people say they do. I completely understand that they are built more for enjoyment at anchor than seriously hardcore sailing. But when the PHRF is 104, and the interior is as nice and roomy as it is, and I know I'm going to be sailing the coast pretty conservatively with family and friends, it's just not something I've been able to rule out yet.

Does anyone around here actually own a '80's era H40?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 04-08-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook