Old enough to know better
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Beacon, NY
Thanked 175 Times in 171 Posts
Rep Power: 10
Re: Exceptional Deal on Spray Nine Cleaner
Spray Nine is great stuff but I only use it when I need its strength - it is very toxic, no matter WHAT they say on the label. My dog ate some paper towels that had been used to wipe it up and it nearly killed him.
We found him unable to control his hind end, took him to the Vet who determined he had a corrosive poisoning condition.
The treatment made us smile though - he gave him an intravenous alcohol feed which acts as a solvent to flush out the toxic stuff from his bloodstream. He put an I.V. in his leg and then poured an airline bottle of Stoli into it.
It's just as pure a lab alcohol and cheaper so....
Poor old beast was mainlining his martinis.
Yes, unfortunately this is the case of most if not all cleaners unless you make them yourself, with vinegar or something like that. Even the "natural" products will produce very unfortunate results if ingested. Way back when I was in the restaurant business I had a cleaning products salesman talk about how safe the products were and he would actually drink some of it. I figured if nothing worse I am sure he was quite regular, but I can't think having a de-greasing product in your body that is made up of fats could be good for you. Funny thing was we were required by corporate mandate to use the products so he really did not need to convince me.