SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2013 Sailing Season
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013
sv Cordelia

Nicklaus is on a distinguished road
Re: 2013 Sailing Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Ill bet you had an interesting day heading South on the Bay. actually a small sail up hile motoring would help stabilize the bost, but understand not testing the first day as it was really blowing and gusty. We headed north and etched a few southern bound boats getting crushed.

Rig up a permanent spring line with the proper length from the dock to catch first and connect to midship cleat on the jib track . It will be your first line always coming and last going. It prevents you from hitting the dock, and floating out while you get the other lines to secure the boat.

Yesterday was not a docking day for the faint of heart as we saw 20 knots directly being us " pushing us into the slip" . Grabbing that line stopped the boat.

Dave
You're right. Letting out a little jib would have helped, but would have forced us to tack as we had the wind right on our nose and in those conditions on a new to me boat... I wanted a direct shot.

I wish someone would have left a line on the dock, but the pilings were cleared by the previous slip holder. I'm going to put a spring line up, but didn't yesterday since I had to wait for a lull to do any adjusting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook