SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Krysalid 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
Yes we have talked here about Paradox (some movies in regattas) but never had saw the interior and I really wanted to have a look at it: Well, it looks like my son's room

Some years ago a French shipyard had tried to produce a cruising trimaran that I found very interesting, a 42ft that looked like a smaller Multi 50 and that had the advantage of pulling their arms up, allowing it to pay a normal place in a marina. When the first boat was in production I talked to them to see if the boat could fit in my budget...but no way. Trimarans are just too expensive for me. And It looks not only for me because after making 2 or three boats they went out of business.

I don't think that they had fitted any with the originally intended cruising interior. They were used as race boats.

About two years after I talked with them I saw the first boat in and took some pictures:

The Shipyard was Auriga and the boat was called Krysalid 42. Some movies:

Krysalid 42' by Auriga Yacht from Loic Darras on Vimeo.

On this one we can see the boat winning over a Carbon Corsair 37.

P6190049 por vgludot

For somebody with the money for it, there is one for sale for about half the price it costed. It has almost no interior but that can be arranged and probably the price will also be lowered.

Second hand TRIMARAN 42 pieds AURIGA YACHT - Boat for sale - Bretagne - Morbihan - Vannes

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook