SailNet Community - View Single Post - North Sails Direct fiasco
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013

SchockT is on a distinguished road
Re: North Sails Direct fiasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalesStar View Post
The boat was in my back yard getting worked on for 12 years. I got the sail just before we dropped it in so never to have sailed it nor seen it with the mast up I had no idea. Why would I second guess the "professionals"?
I paid $500 for fast shipping, they delivered the wrong sail, (it was not my sail), I'm suppose to eat that? Right like you would!! My sail showed up a week later via a boat.
Ok, so you paid $500 to get the sail quickly, they shipped the wrong one, found the right one, and got it to you in a week. I'm not sure how much quicker they could have corrected the mistake. They must have fast shipped the replacement sail to get it to you that quickly, and ate that cost. You must have really been in a hurry if you were willing to pay $500 to have the sail in less than a week!

Your shipping choices aside, how did you order a sail for a boat that you had never even seen the mast up, let alone measured the rig? Where did you get the rig dimensions from?

Clearly you are not satisfied with the service you got, but don't sign on to a site like this to vent about it and expect everyone to take what you say at face value. You should be able to make a stronger case than you have if are going to publicly attack a company.
Hull#101
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook