SailNet Community - View Single Post - North Sails Direct fiasco
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013

troy2000 is on a distinguished road
Re: North Sails Direct fiasco

Let's see... If I understand correctly, North Sails received an order that simply specified a '135% jib' for a particular model of boat. If they really accepted an order worded that vaguely instead of asking for specific dimensions, it was incumbent upon them to follow through and find out what the correct dimensions should be. There's a big difference between 135% and 87%.... sounds to me like they just screwed up, and looked up dimensions for the wrong sail.

And if the customer was charged an extra $500.00 for prompt delivery and they delivered someone else's sail instead, with the correct one showing up a week later by boat, I fail to see why he should pony up the money anyway -- regardless of how much it cost North Sail to straighten out their mistake, the guy didn't get what he paid them the $500.00 for.

Was the customer depending a little too much on the sail maker, instead of doing his own homework and doing a better job of scheduling? Probably; sounds like the new sail was kind of a last-minute afterthought. But that doesn't excuse North Sails' double screw-up.

Last edited by troy2000; 04-08-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook