SailNet Community - View Single Post - BVI to Panama Canal
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: BVI to Panama Canal

I did it. Wing on wing with interlocking jibs, main down the whole way. We left just after new year's eve. I remember because I was still hung over. We actually left from San juan P.R. passed south of Jamaica by about 30 miles. 10 day's the way I remember it. Auto Helm working away. it was 23 years ago, uneventful. I have sailed off the north coast of Columbia a lot. It's messy. I sailed from Venezuala to Belize non stop as well. 8 day's. I don't remember any thing weird happening. Last time I was in Port Antonio Jamacia, there was a load of people waiting to run down to Panama. Good place to stop. Eryll Flynn yacht club.
( Just don't buy weed. I had a crew member try an sneak some on board and long story short I was deatained, and bribed my way out of it. he said he only wanted a 10 dollar bag for himself and it turned out to be as big as his leg.) Don't do the "when in Jamacia do as jamaicia does" thing. Any way's I would run down to Port Antonio Jamacia, and then cross on down to Panama. I make these runs all the time. No biggy.

Last edited by Capt.aaron; 04-08-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook