SailNet Community - View Single Post - BVI to Panama Canal
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Re: BVI to Panama Canal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.aaron View Post
I did it. Wing on wing with interlocking jibs, main down the whole way. We left just after new year's eve. I remember because I was still hung over. We actually left from San juan P.R. passed south of Jamaica by about 30 miles. 10 day's the way I remember it. Auto Helm working away. it was 23 years ago, uneventful. I have sailed off the north coast of Columbia a lot. It's messy. I sailed from Venezuala to Belize non stop as well. 8 day's. I don't remember any thing weird happening. Last time I was in Port Antonio Jamacia, there was a load of people waiting to run down to Panama. Good place to stop. Eryll Flynn yacht club.
( Just don't by weed. I had a crew member try an sneak some on board and long story short I was deatained, and bribed my way out of it. he said he only wanted a 10 dollar bag for himself and it turned out to be as big as his leg.) Don't do the "when in Jamacia do as jamaicia does" thing. Any way's I would run down to Port Antonio Jamacia, and then cross on down to Panama. I make these runs all the time. No biggy.
Thanks "Captain A".
Note to myself:

1. No Weed
2. No weed
3. No weed
4. Thank you Captain A for above

5. Your suggestion makes sense. We will make west to Jamaica and head south to Panama and the wind will be coming from port aft, hopefully.

BTW, last year run to Belize, the details and encouragement you gave me, it is comforting knowing what lie ahead. I was smiling all the way to Belize. It was a great run. Thanks.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook