SailNet Community - View Single Post - 10 days south of Cuttyhunk
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
cruising

Anchorages in most of the areas already mentioned are usually not the best, especially if moorings are offered.

Suprised Minnie diidnt like Greenport ad its a place we found friiendly with a great cheap public marinia. Anchoring in Doerring Harbor across from it is a rip off . Great little coffee houses at night with music.

Stonington for the anchorage and the place where the scallop fisher fleet comes in is very quaint and quiet

Mystic seaport which we remain members of is intetesting. Anchorage requires a dinghy, but good marinas. Lots of things to do

Montauk, take a bulkhead next to the fishing fleet dock and gape at the huge fish brought in and weighed as well as dressed by the deep sea head boats.

Sag Harbor rub elbows with the hoidy toidy who have spent your TARP money. Best store Shavanios for provisions

Block just a great place to people watch or ride a moped around the island Aldos gelatos the best I have ever had. He also wakes you up in the AM with his pastries in the anchorage

Fishers I know Minnie likes as he grew up there. I found it beautiful but unfriendly .

If you wander down the Sound Port Jefferson and Northport are ca.t misses on the LI side. Greenwhich and Old Saybrooke the same on the Conn. Side

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to chef2sail For This Useful Post:
Selkie60 (05-28-2013)