SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ospreys
Thread: Ospreys
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013
Owned by Velcro

Ferretchaser is on a distinguished road
Re: Ospreys

My problem is, that for those in flight shots, the auto focus on the lens I am using is not quite fast enough. I am using shotter speeds between 1250'th and 2500'th of a second with asa settings up to 3200. I may have to revert to my 800mm manual lense and try to track them with that just rattling off the shots as I go along, changing the focus and then discard the 100 or so shots that are not on the money for the one that is. The last group of pictures where taken with a Sigma 105 to 300 mm zoom lense just because I could keep both birds in the picture while soomed out and then up the magnification as they closed in on each other. Still missed the moment where the fish passed in mid air between them but my reactions are not what they used to be.

ATB

Michael
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook