SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Allures 39.9 Interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapwraia View Post
Here are some pics just posted by Allures of the 39.9 interior (hull no.1) - this is a big call by the yard in going to an "apartment style" design. I looked at some pics of the previous Allures 40 and am left feeling that I prefer the earlier style. From a practical point of view I don't like all the chamfered edges to the woodwork - with typical usage will just attract wear & tear faster than rounded edges. The saloon seating doesn't look that inviting either; I don't want to pre-judge too much as this design is near top of our list - so will reserve judgement until a physical inspection later in the year.

I agree with you. One thing is modern looking other thing is quality design. the colors are wrong, the finish seems to have some problems specially on the saloon settees and that odd looking finish on the corners probably will be a cause for problems with age. Part of the problem as to do with the use of white and Black. Those are the most powerful "colors", You cannot use too many and they use too much white. Compare it with the use of the white on the 45:

Click visit 3D:

http://www.allures.fr/voilier.php?id=6

If you are interested in the boat let then know you are interested but don't like the interior and ask if the interior cannot be made on the same style of the 45. This is a prototype and they tried to innovate. I bet that the design of the interior looked great on the artists drawings. I have see it happen time over time, I mean people being mislead over a bad project with a great presentation. You have to be a professional to make the distinction between what is a nice drawing and a nice design.

I believe that they will be going to substitute or improve this design. It will happen sooner if they receive lots of complaints...and they are going to receive them, I am sure.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 04-10-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook