View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013

Sapwraia is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward3 View Post
Allures 39.9 Interior
Thanks for the update Sapwraia.
The open architecture or apartment style does seem appealing in many ways. Similar to RM, JPK… with open areas and large windows for a panoramic view of the outside , lots of light into the interior and invites people in to a more attractive and stylish design.
For a fast cruiser with live aboard possibilities on long voyages and the times when you are tied to a dock or mooring for extended periods of time, this could improve the lifestyle of young families and couples not familiar with the cold dark confined spaces covered with traditional classical teak down below.
Just my thought since I’m used to modern architecture and building techniques and after spending days on the rail and sleeping in pipe berths, this is a sight of fresh air!
E3, An interesting perspective and shows just what a personal thing this is; I've lived all my life in modern & minimalist houses with parents since the 60's, apartments and now a new ultra-mod house for us; so looking for something a bit cosier & welcoming in a yacht - but still needs to be very well designed & highly functional

What do you all think about the double vertical hull ports for in the saloon ? That styling feature works better on hulls over 50 foot IMHO, and would be a good test of the Allures semi-custom potential to request that port the same as the others i.e. one horizontal rectangle. Not quite as much deep blue panorama but enough and would accentuate the hull lines better ? Anyone up for some photoshop ? may have to wait till the weekend !

Paulo, I agree re early feedback to the yard and semi-custom potential - I like their progressive thinking but wonder if they're competing too hard with the "apartment interiors" of the mass manufacturers when most people who go for the Allures have probably already decided that the round bilge alum hull, swing keel & twin rudder are the critical requirements for which there is no real competition at this size (Ovni has chines)

These are all high quality problems of course

cheers
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook